Innovation, Expertise and Dedication make our team of experts recognized as a world leader in providing effective and reliable cutting-edge solutions for the electric power industry. We offer a wide spectrum of sophisticated scientific research, advanced consulting services and comprehensive power system studies. Hundreds years of combined experience of our experts will help your organization to succeed and give you the power to make a right decision to operate the grid in a more effective and reliable manner:
- Improving the transmission grid reliability to facilitate the integration of renewable energy.
- Utilizing the phasor measurements to predict system instability and generate alarms.
- Improving the grid efficiency by minimizing system losses.
- Transmission system optimization to maximize the utilization of the existing infrastructure.
- Automating and expediting NERC-compliance studies, including prediction and prevention of cascading outages, and massive N-1-1, N-2 contingency analysis and transient stability analysis.
- Prediction and prevention of blackouts to enhance the reliability of the transmission grid.
- Automating the process of selecting and ranking future system expansion projects and performing cost-benefit analysis.
- Expertise in Telecommunications, as related to the Smart Grid solutions planning and implementation.
- Performing any custom and specifically targeted studies.
V&R Energy’s Awards
- DOE Award: “20% Wind by 2030: Overcoming the Challenges”, 2010
Improving Reliability of Transmission Grid to Facilitate Integration of Wind Energy in Tri-State G&T and AECI
- ARRA Smart Grid Demonstration Grant, 2010
“Region of Stability Existence” (ROSE) is a part of ISO New England winning bid
- NYSERDA Award, 2009
Prevention of Occurrence of Major Catastrophic Events: Demonstration for Con Edison System
- NYSERDA award. Host utility – NYISO, 2008 - present
Fast Fault Screening for Real-Time Transient Stability Assessment
- National Science Foundation Grant, 1994
Choice of Contingency Arming Schemes Actions Using Analytical Approaches
Some of the Recent Projects
1. “Prediction of Power System Instability Based on PMU”, with CEATI. Host utility – ISO-NE, 2009 – present.
2. “Develop Methodology and Tools for Providing Settings for Safe Operation of the Bridger RAS”, PacifiCorp, 2009 - present.
3. “Enhance Fast Fault Screening to Determine Locations of the Most Severe Unbalanced Faults for Entergy”, 2009.
4. “Prevention of Cascading Outages for ConEd’s System”, ConEd, 2009.
5. “Accessing Vulnerability to Cascading Outages”, with AEP, ConEd, Entergy, EPRI, Exelon, FirstEnergy, ISO NE, NYPA, Tri-State, 2008.
6. “Common Information Model Importer for Physical Operational Margin Program”, ATC, ConEd, Entergy, IPC, KeySpan, NYPA, 2008.
7. “Visualizing Cascading Outages and Their Impact”, ConEd, 2008.