“Physical and Operational Margins” - Real-Time Version (POM-RT) is a fast and powerful voltage stability, AC contingency analysis, assessment of cascading outages, remedial actions and transient stability application that provides software solutions for the Operations environment.
POM-RT package consists of the following applications:
- Fast and powerful voltage stability and contingency analysis program
- Automatically uploads data from the EMS system
- Runs with or without the user intervention
- Has all the features of POM application
- Fast and extremely effective remedial actions program
- Fully integrated into POM-RT
- Relieves thermal, voltage and voltage stability violations which are identified by POM-RT
- Has all the features of OPM application
- Fast assessment of cascading outages
- Identifies the initiating events that lead to cascades, cascading chains, and impact of cascading outages
- Has all the features of PCM application
- Graphical output for operators
- Powerful tool used to determine the boundary of a secure region of operation
- Has all the features of BOR application
POM-RT, which is CIM compatible, gives you the ability to perform fast simulation of a large number of contingencies during AC contingency analysis. POM-RT identifies critical contingencies and ranks them depending on their severity. The top worst contingencies are then sent to the OPM application to relieve identified violations. The result of OPM is a list of recommended mitigation actions for each most severe contingency.
The methodology used for AC contingency analysis has the capability to simultaneously monitor three constraints: voltage stability, thermal and voltage.
POM-RT automatically uploads the raw data from State Estimator each time a new load flow case arrives.
POM-RT performs transient stability analysis in real-time environment as well. The process includes:
- Creating real-time dynamic model database (if currently unavailable),
- Running Fast Fault Screening to identify and rank the most severe faults for each case,
- Run detailed time-domain simulation for the most severe faults.
POM-RT also has a PMU-based model, ROSE, which is VR Energy’s Smart Grid solution for the transmission system. ROSE provides the operator with both fast and accurate solutions in order to more quickly predict and more accurately determine system instability using PMU data. The ROSE application provides continuous monitoring of the system conditions in terms of its proximity to voltage collapse, which allows us to alarm the operator before a new State Estimator will arrive.
The software does not have any limitations on the size of the network or a number of contingencies being applied.
POM-RT is an efficient and easy to use program that is designed be used in the Control Centers of power utilities, regional Control Centers, and on the Interconnection level.
|< Prev||Next >|